I watched Dance: Triangle Prism 《三棱镜》


How silly I was when I thought it's a dance performed by these 3 female dancers. And I was looking forward to see my idol, Louise Yow Sing Hwa, to perform on stage! ;P

I watched the show on last Sunday, which was the last day for this production. Only then I found out that these 3 dancers were the choreographers of these 3 dance pieces~

I love the opening of the first dance piece "Incessant", where the curtain was raised to knee level, showed only the movement of legs. The dance was very feminine and the choreography is quite clean cut one. I like this dance piece a lot.

For the 2nd dance piece "Frame us, you?" choreographed by Crystal Low Sim Wei, I felt that she got a lot of ideas and thoughts to express, thus the dance is considered a dense and complicated one to me.

Kathyn Tan Chai Chen's dance piece named "Urban Suite" was the most interesting one among them. Lighting, setting and costume were loud enough to entertain audience. The multimedia design was fun and fitted very well into the choreography. Just that I don't really agree on the costume of female dancers, which they wore white colour dress that looked like a nurse's uniform to me. Maybe it's the collar~

I still enjoyed the show very much. Next time I will still wish to see Louise's dance, and more production from Lapar Lab.

For a professional review of this production, please visit kl dance watch.

Comments

Popular Posts