Ogimi Village


Ogimi, a place renowned as village of longevity, took my breathe away with its nature beauty.
I enjoyed myself very much in this quiet village during my 2-week stay here.

Some mornings I went for walk.

At my host's. On the left is my room and that's main house on the right.

The view from the hill behind my host's place.

The bridge linking the house and their pottery studio.

Ogimi Village from the main road.


Stream is always pleasant during summer.

Cooling!





I sketched this river on postard, as a gift for the hitchhike driver I was going to meet that day.
So lucky that I got someone to stop for me within 3 minutes.
He was on his way back to Naha too, and he was so kind to drop me off at the hostel I was going to check in. 
ありがとう ございました!








Abandoned house in the village.
I heard that there are only 200 people in the village now, mostly old people.



There's no light pollution, so the stars and the moon is purely visible at night.

My host's son and I were on the way to the sundry shop.
It's summer, so it's really hot.
"暑い!" was what we keep saying all the time, haha~

Popular Posts