DIY: Book binding

I learnt the technic from my form 3 art teacher, which we all did a book binding as one of our art project. It was fun! and useful, too.

This is my 4th handmade book.


Just collect those used school exercise book, tear out the non-written parts (need a few books to get enough thickness). Clip to hold them together, and nail holes along the binding side. Pull threads through the holes to hold the papers together.


Use any hardcover paper, which here i used magazine cover. Cut to the size of my book.


...and wrap up with favourite wrapper. I usually use magazine to wrap. Obviously, this time i use Subway's sandwich wrap to make the cover. Of course, it's clean. ;P


Combine them together by sticking a paper on both.

And I save money on buying notebooks. =)

Comments

Popular Posts