Westergasfabriek, Amsterdam

I accidentally found this place when I was supposed to go to another place in that area but didn't make it.



 I was like "wow what's this place?"
So it's Westergasfabriek. It was a coal gas factory 100 over years ago.
After 82 years of operation, it ceased gas production and municipal energy company took over the place as storage and workshop.

By year 1992, some art and cultural events were held here temporarily, and since then it has been a great place for these purposes. They also house a few media and design studios, as well as exhibition hall.

It's something like our very own klpac, also old buildings turned into a place for art and cultural + park.

Pistachio flavoured ice cream by IJscuypje.
I love it!

There's a huge park in the area too.


Ah here's a cafe! But it's closed at 6pm, I was little late for that.

One extra point: there's free wifi here. Hehe.

Westergasfabriek BV
Polonceaukade 27 1014 DA Amsterdam

Comments

Popular Posts