Movie: My Afternoons With Margueritte




My sis recommended this French movie to me when I asked if she has any good one to share.
I spent some time watching this while having my lunch break from work. It only lasts for 1 hour and 20 minutes, consider a rather short one.

Germain, the main character, spends most of his afternoons in a park having his lunch and making friends with pigeons.
Until one day he met an old lady named Margueritte who is also used to come to the park.
They become friends ever since.

It's a heart-warming movie and it has the funny and also touching moments.
My favourite part was when Margueritte asked Germain about his work and why he could spend his afternoons in the park, Germain said: "Yes I do work, I just press the pause button."

This movie from year 2010 is based on the novel by Marie-Sabine Roger and adapted by Jean-Loup Dabadie and Jean Becker (CONVERSATIONS WITH MY GARDENER). The film also stars François-Xavier Demaison, Maurane, Patrick Bouchitey, Jean-François Stévenin, Claire Maurier and Sophie Guillemin.

Comments

Popular Posts